Orignally posted at Radio Free Silver Lake on January 4, 2010:
KROQ Locals Only presents 10 Days of 2010, which is a series highlighting a variety of local bands on the Sunset Strip at The Viper Room, continuing on Monday with The Flying Tourbillon Orchestra and That Noise. I’m looking forward to The Happy Hollows and Gangi on Friday night, but as you can see by the flyer at right there’s plenty to choose from. I used to attend a lot of the Mr. Shovel Shows here and I’m really happy to see this venue come back onto the indie rock radar because I’ve always found The Viper Room to have some of the best sound in this city.
Friday, January 8
– “First Fridays” w/ Atlas Sound, Tune-Yards @ Natural History Museum
– Golden Animals, Allah Las, Kinch, Jeffertiti’s Nile @ Spaceland
– The Happy Hollows, Gangi, Useless Keys, The Soft Hands @ The Viper Room
– Death Sentence: PANDA!, PILES, Kit, Dunes @ The Smell
– Queen Victoria, 60-Watt Kid, State Champion, Giving Up @ Synchronicity
– Sweaters, Hot Sauce Mentor @ The Echo
I’m going to see The Happy Hollows, Gangi, Useless Keys and The Soft Hands at The Viper Room in another of the weeks best shows. Matt Gangi tells me he is collaborating with a new drummer and I look forward to whatever he has up his sleeve.